machine don't halt!

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Mon Oct 11 16:53:22 UTC 2004

Am Mo, den 11.10.2004 schrieb Erico Augusto um 14:24:

> I've a machine that don't halt. Firstly i thougth that was a ACPI
> problem.But it isn't. Now, I suppose that there is some problem with
> NFS.

As Hajo already said, there is nothing in your dmesg output which can
really indicate your problem. At least it does not show the state of
your machine when you expect it to be shut down and powered off.

You may try with ACPI off and APM on: so add to the kernel parameter
line

acpi=off apm=power-off

and see if that fixes your problem. If not, we'll have to closer look at
your NFS setup, if you think this might be the cause.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) kernel 2.6.8-1.521smp
Serendipity 18:49:39 up 11 days, 21:15, load average: 1.41, 1.26, 1.47