cant mount drive

Thornton thornton at cierragroup.com
Tue Oct 12 01:36:40 UTC 2004

> You see you omitted the most important part which is how do you try to
> burn with k3b? Are you running the command as root from the terminal
> or are you clicking on the icon? In the latter case k3b will not run
> with root privileges (unless installed suid) so it won't be able to do
> exactly what the error message shows.
>
> But if you run it as root from the terminal it should work! So which on was it?
>
> F:-)

i've tried both and get the same message. prior to this just clicking on
k3b did work fine before.

i think its something more than just w/ k3b though.  As like i've posted
on here I cant mount or unmount except with that one specific mount. the
regular mount doesnt work.  just clicking on the device in konquror and
mount doesnt even work.