Going back to yum or up2date

Peter Cannon peter at cannon3.wanadoo.co.uk
Tue Oct 12 08:36:07 UTC 2004

Hi All

Whats the implications of stopping the use of apt-get and going back to using
yum/up2date?

I currently use synaptic for updating. I decided to switch to Gnome from KDE
and the up2date icon said 60 updates available some of which are KDE related.

I know its not good to use two/three different update programs but synaptic
has not given any updates for a couple of months now so I am thinking of
going back to up2date.

What are the pitfalls of going ahead with the updates offered by up2date?

--
Regards
Peter Cannon
peter at cannon3.wanadoo.co.uk