Local FC mirror

Thomas Cameron thomas.cameron at camerontech.com
Tue Oct 12 14:27:35 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-10-12 at 08:17 +0200, Håkan Persson wrote:
> Hi!
>
> How can I easily set up a local Fedora Core mirror, i.e.,
> synchronize a local ftp/http server with the official archives?
> I have several machines running FC and I want to save bandwidth when
> doing up2date.
> I know how to configure up2date to look in the local repository but I don't know how to eailsy keep that in sync with the official archives.
>
> Thanks,
> Håkan

Easily.  I use lftp to mirror off of mirrors.kernel.org.  It's very
easy.  Copy this into a script called fc-mirror in /etc/cron.daily:

#!/bin/bash
lftp -f /root/.lftp/mirrors.kernel.org

Make sure you chmod 755 that script!

Then create a file called /root/.lftp/mirrors.kernel.org and put the
following into it:

open mirrors.kernel.org
mirror -e /pub/fedora/core/updates/2 /var/ftp/pub/fedora/core/updates/2

In my example I put the DC2 updates on my local ftp server so that all
the other servers on my network can update from a local copy.  You will
want to decide where to store them.

--
A: Because people read from top to bottom.
Q: Why is top-posting bad?