Upgrade skip

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Tue Oct 12 15:36:03 UTC 2004

Rand Renfroe wrote:
> I have not upgraded from FC1 to FC2 yet. FC3 is supposed to be released in November. If I wait for that will I be able to upgrade my FC1 boxes directly to FC3? Or will I have to upgrade them to FC2 first?
>
> rand :)

I am still using FC1 and waiting until FC3 to change.  I thought FC2
came out to early.

 From reading the posts here, I would do a clean install.  There are
so many changes that there could be alot of weird conflicts after the
upgrade.  My experience is from moving to FC1 from RH8.  I spent over
a month fixing little problems and errors due to the upgrade.

I would worry about applications that won't work on FC3 that work in
FC1 due to kernel changes that don't get upgraded.  I want a full fall
back if there is a problem.

At the cost of HD's, I will double my storage.  I can always use more
HD space.

--
Robin Laing