linux video sequencer

Patrick May patrick at pmmay.sytes.net
Tue Oct 12 16:11:02 UTC 2004

On Mon, Oct 11, 2004 at 11:02:04PM -0700, John Aegard wrote:
> Hi all--
>
> Does anyone know of a Linux video sequencer program that can be
> used to make a movie out of a series of image files (like what
> PovRay would output) aand an audio file?
>
> Something like VideoMach? (http://www.gromada.com/videomach.html)
>
> zo.

Are you looking for something to say turn JPEG stills into a movie/slideshow? If so, I used dvdslideshow to do this. Though I did have to tweak a couple of the scripts. The package is about 6 or so bash scripts that you can use to build the DVD. 2 of them pass bad parameters in the audio encoding section. Should be 48000 instead of 48. You'll need to make sure you download the actual programs, which I did with apt. Works pretty decently.

Patrick