Q on burning DVD with FC2-i386-DVD.iso

Michael Makuch mkm5 at makuch.org
Tue Oct 12 19:44:01 UTC 2004

Trying to burn a DVD with the FC2-i386-DVD.iso.
I don't currently have a linux box with a dvd burner, so I'm trying to
do it on a W2k box using either Roxio or Nero, so far with out luck.

I suspect either I'm not getting the options set right or it isn't
possible.

My FC2-i386-DVD.iso md5sum's correctly.

With Nero when I try to create a DVD iso from iso image, it complains
that
the file is larger than 2gb and that I must use the UDF file system.
When I do that I get a DVD with the FC2-i386-DVD.iso file on it, and
this does not boot.

Should I be creating a "Bootable DVD" with Nero/Roxio, or just a data
dvd with the FC2-i386-DVD.iso? What about emulation: HD Emulation? No
Emulation?

Thanks,
Mike