off topic: Doubt about gcc 3.3.3 and ( getchar() or scanf(%s) )?

Michael D. Setzer II mikes at kuentos.guam.net
Wed Oct 13 04:01:56 UTC 2004

It appears that when you use the getchar and type the option and
enter, it returns the character and a LF. I added some things to
yours, and it runs. I type a for the first option, and it prints A for the
first option, and then prints 10 (decimal format) of option2. Then
enter b for the scanf, and it prints out b

Not sure why it is including the LF with the getchar.

void main()
{
        char option,option2;
        printf("Choose an option:");