Packets dropped by iptables

Ow Mun Heng Ow.Mun.Heng at wdc.com
Wed Oct 13 11:00:35 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-10-13 at 18:03, Juan L. Pastor wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-10-13 at 10:50, Ow Mun Heng wrote:
> The ISP won't provide me the password, but they have told me every port
> is open, I should setup the firewall on my machines.
Every port May Be open, and unless it's actually functioning as a Live
IP router, using Live IPs to your PC, you're still gonna have a hard
time getting it to forward you packets.

eg:

Live IP -> router -> NAT -> non-Live IP

The router + NAT won't know where to forward packets destined for PCs
within your home network.

What's the router name? Maybe someone can look it up on the net to see
if it really does what the ISP says?

--
Ow Mun Heng
Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 on D600 1.4Ghz CPU kernel