Problem with downloading FC3t3

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Wed Oct 13 12:34:00 UTC 2004

Robert wrote:
> There are a number of ways to successfully download the DVD iso
> including bittorrent. But ever since being pointed to the script at
> http://www.iruntheinter.net/files/misc/mkdvd-1.0  I seriously question
> why anyone would even *want* to download a DVD!  You can download the CD
> iso files and use this shell script to create your own DVD iso.  One
> advantage that comes to mind immediately is that you can check the MD5
> sums of smaller chunks of data.

My preference is to download the DVD ISO using BitTorrent. This is generally
faster than using ftp/http and has the advantage of doing CRC checks on each
chunk (around 1MB IIRC) and automatically re-getting any chunks that fail on
the fly. There should never be an MD5 sum problem with a file downloaded using
BitTorrent unless the actual source for the torrent itself is corrupt.

Paul.