cant mount drive

Thornton thornton at cierragroup.com
Wed Oct 13 19:15:53 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-10-13 at 04:39, Filippos Klironomos wrote:

> > sg                     28513  0
> > scsi_mod              105360  1 sg

it looks like i accidently unplugged my scanner..i'll make sure the cf reader is unplugged now

> These two are here...
>

> > cdrecord -v gracetime=2 dev=ATAPI:0,0,0 -dao -data
> >

> Now this is progress! You see not only your drive was recognized but
> it started the process of writing on it as well! Notice that we passed
> the flag for DAO (disk at once) session BUT ...
>
> ... your drive does not support that mode! So you have to pick one of
> TAO or SAO or the rest for next time!

I redid it again and this time it seems to have worked. i thaught my
drive supported dao so i tried that again.

cdrecord -v gracetime=2 dev=ATAPI:0,0,0 -dao -data
/home/obsidian/kde/linspire-full-4.5.499.iso
Cdrecord-Clone 2.01-dvd (i686-pc-linux-gnu) Copyright (C) 1995-2004 Jörg
Schilling
Note: This version is an unofficial (modified) version with DVD support
Note: and therefore may have bugs that are not present in the original.
Note: Please send bug reports or support requests to
http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla
Note: The author of cdrecord should not be bothered with problems in
this version.
TOC Type: 1 = CD-ROM
scsidev: 'ATAPI:0,0,0'
devname: 'ATAPI'
scsibus: 0 target: 0 lun: 0
Use of ATA is preferred over ATAPI.
Warning: Using ATA Packet interface.
Warning: The related Linux kernel interface code seems to be
unmaintained.
Warning: There is absolutely NO DMA, operations thus are slow.
Using libscg version 'schily-0.8'.
SCSI buffer size: 64512
atapi: 1
Device type    : Removable CD-ROM
Version        : 0
Response Format: 1
Vendor_info    : 'AOPEN   '
Identifikation : 'CD-RW CRW5232   '
Revision       : '1.03'
Device seems to be: Generic mmc CD-RW.
Current: 0x0009
Profile: 0x0008
Profile: 0x0009 (current)
Profile: 0x000A
Using generic SCSI-3/mmc   CD-R/CD-RW driver (mmc_cdr).
Driver flags   : MMC-3 SWABAUDIO BURNFREE FORCESPEED
Supported modes: TAO PACKET SAO SAO/R96P SAO/R96R RAW/R96R
Drive buf size : 1359872 = 1328 KB
FIFO size      : 4194304 = 4096 KB
Track 01: data   545 MB
Total size:      626 MB (62:02.37) = 279178 sectors
Lout start:      626 MB (62:04/28) = 279178 sectors
Current Secsize: 2048
ATIP info from disk:
  Indicated writing power: 6
  Is not unrestricted
  Is not erasable
  Disk sub type: Medium Type C, low Beta category (C-) (6)
  ATIP start of lead in:  -11231 (97:32/19)
  ATIP start of lead out: 359846 (79:59/71)
Disk type:    Short strategy type (Phthalocyanine or similar)
Manuf. index: 27
Manufacturer: Prodisc Technology Inc.
Blocks total: 359846 Blocks current: 359846 Blocks remaining: 80668
Forcespeed is OFF.
Speed set to 9173 KB/s
Starting to write CD/DVD at speed  52.0 in real SAO mode for single
session.
Last chance to quit, starting real write    0 seconds. Operation starts.
Waiting for reader process to fill input buffer ... input buffer ready.
trackno=0
BURN-Free is ON.
Turning BURN-Free off
Performing OPC...
Sending CUE sheet...
Writing pregap for track 1 at -150
Starting new track at sector: 0
Track 01:  545 of  545 MB written (fifo 100%) [buf  98%]  47.8x.
Track 01: Total bytes read/written: 571756544/571756544 (279178
sectors).
Writing  time:  122.448s
Average write speed  32.5x.
Min drive buffer fill was 97%
Fixating...
Fixating time:    3.483s
cdrecord: fifo had 9006 puts and 9006 gets.
cdrecord: fifo was 0 times empty and 4414 times full, min fill was 53%.

> Notice this error message as well! It tells you to blank the media
> first before you use it, unless you want to continue on a multisession
> that is.Keep reading!

> Ok. So insert the same CDRW now on the drive and give the command:
>
> cdrecord -v gracetime=2 dev=ATAPI:0,0,0  blank=fast -data -multi -sao
> <some file here>
>
> and see what happens. Notice that I want that CF Card unplugged!
>
> This is good progress we are getting somewhere here! My theory is that
> 'scsi_mod' that loads up to manage your CF card tries to manage your
> CDRW as well. Let's make sure that it is right though and then we will
> se how to deal with it.
i am unplugging it now then will try and burn using k3b and see if that
works

> Notice that you didnt' have to reboot once you unplugg the CF card
> (this is not windoze) all you had to do is an 'lsmod' to make sure the
> modules were unloaded, if for some reason they were not you could
> manually in the right order unload them under root with:
i know..still so used to windows i guess...