OpenOffice Calc bug?

Clint Harshaw clint at penguinsolutions.org
Wed Oct 13 22:09:15 UTC 2004

Brian Mury wrote:
> I am using OpenOffice 1.1.1 that was installed along with FC2. I have a
> spreadsheet with a bunch of dates in one of the columns. I cannot get it
> to recognize 7 April 2002 as a date. All other dates are fine. Does
> anyone else see this? Is there a solution?

I can confirm the symptoms on mine -- OO isn't recognizing 4/7/02 as a
"date" format. When I enter 4/7/02, OO sees it as text, and left
justifies it. When I enter 4/6/02, OO right justifies it and inserts
"filler" zeros:

4/7/02
04/06/02

If select both cells, and change the format to another style of date,
then 4/7/02 remains unchanged whereas other dates change the style
accordingly.

I searched for "april" at OO's bugzilla but didn't find anything
relevant to this particular issue. So it may be appropriate to file the
bug at FC's bugzilla.

Hope this helps,
Clint