Change the host name

Temlakos temlakos at comcast.net
Thu Oct 14 03:06:18 UTC 2004

I believe you should run system-config-network (or select "Network" in
"System Settings" in order to change host names.

But I also would like to know why fully qualified domain names do not
get set in one place, and for that matter, do not get set during
installation. Even *Debian* manages to set host and domain names during
installation (well, when installing their testing branch, anyway). Why
can't Fedora? Sorry, but for those of us who run more than one computer
on a network, "localhost.localdomain" doesn't cut it anymore, if it ever
did.

Temlakos