firefox update problems with FC2

Matthew Saltzman mjs at ces.clemson.edu
Thu Oct 14 14:09:21 UTC 2004

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004, joshua neff wrote:

> I've tried adding themes and extensions (especially my
> favorite, Sage) to Firefox PR, but the update screen
> just hangs there, blank, and doesn't actually install
> the updates. My Firefox is authorized to accept
> updates from Mozilla, but it just hangs there. Has
> anyone else had this problem? What can I do about it?

I think I saw a reference to this in Bugzilla.  If it's the same thing,
the problem is that Firefox want's to install the plugins to a system
directory (/usr/lib/firefox/...) but you don't have write permission.
Firefox could--but for some reason does not yet--store them in ~/.mozilla.
The temporary workaround is to do the additions as root.

--
		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences
mjs AT clemson DOT edu