Firefox plugins?

Matthew Saltzman mjs at ces.clemson.edu
Thu Oct 14 14:15:47 UTC 2004

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004, Philippe wrote:

> On Wed, 2004-10-13 at 23:58, Matthew Saltzman wrote:
> > Using the firefox-0.10.1-1.0PR1.9 RPM from the development tree, I find
> > that it doesn't seem to look in /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins for plugins as
> > the older versions did.
> >
> > Is there a reason, or is that a bug?  Is there a workaround short of
> > copying the plugins to /usr/lib/firefox-0.10.1/plugins/?
>
> It seems to me that this directory is used from Firefox 0.9.1 and 0.9.3.
> But is should use also the other one. At least this is what I understand
> reading this :
>
> http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/faqs/firefox-linux.html#install-where

Interesting.  That reference seems to suggest that only the
/usr/lib/firefox-<version>/plugins/ directory and the user's own
~/.mozilla/plugins directory are searched for plugins.  That seems to be a
major usability setback, as with no version-independent plugin
directory, plugins have to be relocated at every upgrade of Firefox.

--
		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences
mjs AT clemson DOT edu