Sendmail Problems

Jonathan Allen jonathan at barumtrading.co.uk
Thu Oct 14 17:29:15 UTC 2004

Alexander,

> Especially when I see that you are running
>
> <snip>

Thank you for telling everyone.  This is an old system, without much
working hardware, that has a limited life horizon but needs to stay
operational for a bit longer.

How did you extract that information - presumably by doing a portscan
or something like it ?

> Is this a honeypot system? :(
> I very highly suggest that you immediately upgrade your system!
> Impossible to count all the weaknesses and vulnerabilities.

How would you suggest that I secure as much as I can without doing
either a system or kernel upgrade ?  Sticking plaster - yes, but
some unusual configuration stuff has to stay up a bit longer.

Jonathan