GAIM produces 100s of children

Chris Ruprecht chrisr at ruprecht.org
Thu Oct 14 19:12:43 UTC 2004

Hi all,

I'm running Gaim 1.0.0-0 FC2 under FC2. When started under GNOME, it
seems to create 100s of child processes. They don't die, when I quit
GAIM, but hang around and keep me signed in. I had to reboot the machine
yesterday to get rid of the processes - that's not quite UNIX-like, it's
almost like being on a Windoze machine ;).

All GAIM child processes were based on process 1, not the parent GAIM
process (as if they run with 'nohup').

I have not observed this behavior under KDE. Any ideas anybody?

Best regards,
Chris