cups printer mystery- part2

akonstam at trinity.edu akonstam at trinity.edu
Thu Oct 14 21:33:58 UTC 2004

On Thu, Oct 14, 2004 at 06:57:42PM +0100, Tim Waugh wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 14, 2004 at 11:27:15AM -0500, akonstam at trinity.edu wrote:
>
> > Is there another database that system-config-printer is using?
>
> Yes.  You can use printconf-tui --Xexport / --Xclear / --Ximport to
> access it.  It doesn't work to try to let system-config-printer
> configure part of a queue and hand-edit the rest -- you must either
> let system-config-printer do all of it or add the queue using
> http://localhost:631/ instead.
>
> Tim.
> */
There is no man page for printconf-tui so I am not sure how those
--X options would be used or what exactly they do. printconf-tui is
an alternative implementation of system-config-printer without
the X graphics. It still does not answer where the alternate
databases it uses are located.

If you want to say read the documentation, that is fair. Is all this
explained there.

Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University