how to match kernel src with running kernel

V Krish krish_uses_linux at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 15 02:28:39 UTC 2004

How do I ensure that the kernel source has exactly the same config/header files as the running kernel? This is required by a module I am trying to build and load.

yum install kernel-sourcecode gives "2.6.8-1.521"
yum update kernel also gives "2.6.8-1.521"
Does that mean the former corresponds to the exact code that was used to build the latter?

The 'gm' module documentation indicates that FC2 may have a mismatch between the running kernel and the source kernel tree(in terms of config file, include directories etc.)

Thank you,
Krish