GAIM produces 100s of children

Nifty Hat Mitch mitch48 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Oct 15 03:07:18 UTC 2004

> > >I'm running Gaim 1.0.0-0 FC2 under FC2. When started under GNOME, it
> > >seems to create 100s of child processes. They don't die, when I quit
> > >GAIM, but hang around and keep me signed in. I had to reboot the machine
> > >yesterday to get rid of the processes - that's not quite UNIX-like, it's

How large is your buddy list?

What is the parent child relationship for these.

Do they go away if you do a "service network restart".

Does "netstat -a" and "lsof" tell you anything.
I have the feeling that these are connections to the server
watching for individuals that have disconnected from the net
or something strange.

Do they consume much memory?

--
	T o m  M i t c h e l l
	May your cup runneth over with goodness and mercy