Is my computer safe enough if I use just iptables?

VJ vj at vijaygill.homelinux.net
Fri Oct 15 13:43:40 UTC 2004

Harry,
   Thanks a lot for your reply. I am using DROP policy by default, and
just open the required holes in firewall (HTTP and SMTP only). This PC
is not used for browsing at all. It is just a firewall + samba server +
http server + smtp server + ftp server + MythTV recording +
playing(both backend + frontend) + more little jobs.
   I do use DROP but I do not log REJECT. Should I do that?

Regards from
VJ