Take it from the web, not from the CD

David L Norris dave at webaugur.com
Sat Oct 16 14:58:45 UTC 2004

> I want to have one CD which I place into a PC. When I execute it I
> formats the drive, install basic FC2 with internet connection and
> download the rest of the FC2 including predefined applications, games
> etc.

Here is an article which describes how to do this with a kickstart file:
  http://www.linuxdevcenter.com/pub/a/linux/2004/08/19/kickstart.html

This example hosts the kickstart file on a HTTP server.  However you can
load the kickstart file from the CD or from a floppy.  You can use a
Fedora Core mirror server as the "install tree" for your kickstart file.

Red Hat 9 Customization Guide explains kickstart and custom boot CDs:
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/RHL-9-Manual/custom-guide/ch-kickstart2.html

> The target is to eliminate the need to go to RPMFIND and install the
> programs one by one.

You're not using YUM?

--
 David Norris