Samba Troubles

Richard Schmitt richard_schmitt at charter.net
Sun Oct 17 00:12:11 UTC 2004

Alexander Dalloz wrote:
iptables does not block anything?

"valid users" has to be a user and not a host IP. In "hosts allow" you
should include 127. too.

Alexander

Thanks Alexander,
 the changes you suggested for the smb.conf file made no difference,
but  you made me look up iptables and I learned something. But not
enough.

The iptables result is

[root at Winsoren root]# /sbin/iptables -L
Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)
RH-Firewall-1-INPUT  all  --  anywhere             anywhere

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)
RH-Firewall-1-INPUT  all  --  anywhere             anywhere

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)

Chain RH-Firewall-1-INPUT (2 references)
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere
ACCEPT     icmp --  anywhere             anywhere            icmp any
ACCEPT     ipv6-crypt--  anywhere             anywhere
ACCEPT     ipv6-auth--  anywhere             anywhere
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere            state
RELATED,ESTABLISHED
REJECT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere            reject-with
icmp-host-prohibited

--
Richard Schmitt
65 Tory Fort Lane