noob questions

Clint Harshaw clint at penguinsolutions.org
Sun Oct 17 00:23:12 UTC 2004

A A wrote:
> hi all
>
> first of all i need to introduce myself a bit. not only am i a new user of Fedora Core 2, i am a newly converted linux user. (i'm sure there have been many windoze rants posted here so i won't add to them)
>
> i have never had an easier install of any operating system, period. i got tired of ME's glitches.
>
> my computer is a Toshiba Satellite 1730. (ya i know no extreme gaming for me)
>
> ok now to the questions:
> is there an online/downloadable .pdf for the Core 2 Fedora operating system? (it would definitely stop alot of my noob questions)

Hi Chris and welcome to the Fedora list. Are you asking about good
places to find information? Here are two excellent resources:

http://fedorafaq.org
http://fedoranews.org

and of course, this list is excellent. If you are comfortable with IRC,
there is a channel on irc.freenode.net named #fedora that is friendly
and helpful.

There is a weekly email that goes out with much more detail than this,
but you're in the right place. Feel free to ask questions, but check the
FAQ site first to see if it's been addressed. Google's linux site at
http://www.google.com/linux is also excellent for finding answers to
your questions.

Welcome again -- have fun with Fedora.

Clint