Logitech MouseMan Wheel Mouse and xorg

Mark A. Hoover mahoover at ispaceonline.org
Sun Oct 17 03:18:25 UTC 2004

I decided to bite the bullet today and upgrade from FC1 to FC2.  When I
did so, I found that my Logitech MouseMan Wheel Mouse stopped working.
I've spent most of this afternoon Googling to see what I could find, but
all I'm finding is mentions of the issue and nothing on a solution, so
I'm hoping someone here has the solution.

This is what kudzu shows:
-
class: MOUSE
bus: PSAUX
detached: 0
device: input/mice
driver: generic3ps/2
desc: "ImExPS/2 Generic Explorer Mouse"
-

dmesg:
mice: PS/2 mouse device common for all mice
serio: i8042 AUX port at 0x60,0x64 irq 12
input: PS/2 Generic Mouse on isa0060/serio1
serio: i8042 KBD port at 0x60,0x64 irq 1
input: AT Translated Set 2 keyboard on isa0060/serio0

/etc/X11/XF86Config:
Section "InputDevice"
         Identifier  "Mouse0"
         Driver      "mouse"