Time Zone Data

Pedro Fernandes Macedo webmaster at margo.bijoux.nom.br
Sun Oct 17 06:45:47 UTC 2004

Mike McMullen wrote:

>I wouldn't think that would change all that much. What's
>causing the updates?

Mike,

If I read correctly all the info I found about tzdata , these files
define when the system should automatically change the system clock to
conform with daylight savings time.
As the decision of when the daylight savings time usually involves
economical and political factors , the file has to be changed constantly
to reflect the decisions of the governments of when the saving time
should start...

(if I said something wrong , please correct me :) )

--
Pedro Macedo