I need help, my start menu is destroyed

Søren Neigaard s.neigaard at tiscali.dk
Sun Oct 17 09:09:44 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-10-16 at 22:27, Rodolfo J. Paiz wrote:
> On Sat, 2004-10-16 at 22:03 +0200, Søren Neigaard wrote:
> > If anyone could tell me how to restore the original menu (maybe create a
> > new user and copy over he's menu files), and then how i edit the menu by
> > hand (which files do i have to edit?), that would really save my day.
> >

> I cannot be sure that this is the answer you want, but I recently
> discovered that most (maybe all?) of the GNOME menu entries were located
> in my /usr/share/applications folder.

I tried to add another user and log in as that user, and this new user
has the menu working, so im thinking that it cant be a problem in the
shared configuration, it must be a problem in the user-specific
configuration, right?

Ive noticed theres a .kde in each users home-dir, so now i guess i only
have to figure out what file(s) i have to copy over from the new user to
my old user, and also what file(s) to edit by hand in the future when i
want to edit the menu.

Theres a share dir under the .kde dir, and this dir contains the
following:

 applnk
 apps
 config
 locale
 mimelnk
 services
 servicetypes

But i cant figure out where to go from here. Does any of you guys know?

Beat regards
Søren