Networks,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Phil Scherzinger pscherz at earthlink.net
Sun Oct 17 19:06:15 UTC 2004

What I have is two pc's actually sitting next to each other. They are
connected to a single router so I can share the high speed connection I
have.   I would like to be able to share files and, hopefully, a printer
between the two.  Nothing too fancy.  Eventually, I would like to be able
to access files at work, but that will require working through a vpn and
all the security at work.  That is a someday project.

The reason I picked on the term NFS is that I am, by trade a manager of an
AIX support group.  While AIX is a very good unix platform, it doesn't do
too well on an intel platform.  It requires a power pc chipset.  We use nfs
all the time at work. Linux at home, well it is very different, and we be
learning as fast as I can.

Thomas, and all of you, it is wonderful to be able to post a question on
this site, and get an answer the quality of the one I just received.
Please, don't ever get tired of answering our questions.  It is
appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Phil Scherzinger
pscherz at earthlink.net