System of Fedora Core

Timothy Payne tim at tmpco.com
Mon Oct 18 02:34:32 UTC 2004

Keep in mind we're lab rats for Red Hat, in return we get a pretty good
version of Linux for for free with a good mailing list.  But if you have
files that are "MUST HAVE" you might want to write a script to copy them
to another machine every day / hour, or pay Red Hat for a rock solid
version.

Fedora could blow up after you make a change, many of the smart people
that read this list (not me) can help you recover.  BUT, if you are at
work and it's 1:00 and you need your computer up and running by 4:00 it
may not be a good idea.  On the other hand if you can accept the risk of
having to do a total reinstall and lose what you have on the machine at
any time, knock your self out.

My choice was to use FC2 at work and only install the apps I would need
for work.  I'm not play'n CD's or MP3's and video's, I'm working.

But my machine at home is jammed full of all kinds of stuff, nothing
important, just stuff I like to play with :-)

Tim...