Simple Linux

Jerry DeLisle jvdelisle at verizon.net
Mon Oct 18 03:32:16 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-10-17 at 16:21, Gary wrote:
> Is there a version of Linux out that is easy to get used to, coming from
> the ms world. I don't really want to have to compile and install and
> setup all the programs, or maybe I had better stick to ms.
>
> Gary.....Linux newbie

I have tried and used Mandrake for several years.  This year I switched
to Fedora and found that I get more responsive support from the lists
and much easier updates.  I also try to give back to the community where
i can by doing testing or answering newbie questions. Fedora is fairly
painless and if you get stuck, just ask.

Jerry