problem with internet connection

Zoni zonireg at doughtyis.com
Mon Oct 18 05:17:13 UTC 2004

Now I am using Windows and Outlook was not showing the contents of your mail
so I checked the source of the message and got your message Please tell me
in some detail what I have to do to fix evolutiona and my InternetWhile I
will check the file /etc/hosts If I can fix it

> Yes you are right in RH9 before connecting to internet the file
> /ect/resolve.conf is empty but after connecting its entries are

> nameserver 61.5.136.5 #kppp temp entry
> nameserver 202.163.126.6 #kppp temp entry

> but in fedora the file is empty before connecting as in RH9 but after
> connecting the file still remain empty if I replace the fedora file with
> RH9 file internet works OK but after disconnecting the file
> automatically becomes empty and on connecting it remain empty (means I
> have to again replace the file) Please tell me what is the problem and
> how to solve it. and another problem is that evolution is not sending mail
> the error is

The bugzilla entry says it is fixed in rawhide.

> Error while 'Fetching Mail':
> Host lookup failed: unknown reason

> Error while performing operation:
> Host lookup failed: unknown reason

A DNS issue. Be sure you have set a proper hostname and that the
/etc/hosts file reflects that one. Too it is important that the
/etc/hosts file has the localhost line.

If you are unexperienced it might be best to check your configuration
using system-config-network.

Alexander