Problem with samba and clamav

Jens Schmidt jschmidt at internode.on.net
Mon Oct 18 10:02:47 UTC 2004

Hi all,

I wandering if someone could give me a hand to figure out whats wrong
with my samba and clamav setup.

I am running samba-3.0.7-2.FC2 and clamav-0.80rc4-1. Samba without
clamav is working perfectly as well as clamscan is working perfectly.
If I add the following lines to my smb.conf file I cant open any files
on that samba share.
vfs object = vscan-clamav
vscan-clamav: config-file = /etc/samba/vscan-clamav.conf
If I try to open any file I receive an Access denied error

There are no error messages in the log files. What is wrong with my
settings?

Thanks
Jens

here is the complete smb.conf file
[global]
        workgroup = STATION_ST
        server string = Linux Samba Server
        obey pam restrictions = Yes
        pam password change = Yes
        passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
        passwd chat = *New*password* %n\n *Retype*new*password* %n\n
        username map = /etc/samba/smbusers
        unix password sync = Yes
        log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
        max log size = 0
        printcap name = /etc/printcap
        logon script = logon.bat
        logon path = \\linuxserver\Profiles\%U
        logon home = \\linuxserver\%U   logon drive = H:
        domain logons = Yes
        os level = 64
        preferred master = Yes
        domain master = Yes
        dns proxy = No
        wins support = Yes
        hosts allow = 192.168.0.
        printing = lprng
        print command = lpr -r -P'%p' %s
        lpq command = lpq -P'%p'
        lprm command = lprm -P'%p' %j
        lppause command = lpc hold '%p' %j
        lpresume command = lpc release '%p' %j
        queuepause command = lpc stop '%p'
        queueresume command = lpc start '%p'

[public]
        comment = Share on Linuxserver
        path = /home/netshare/share
        valid users = +user1, +user2, +user3
        read only = No
	vfs object = vscan-clamav
	vscan-clamav: config-file = /etc/samba/vscan-clamav.conf

the following settings are in me clamd.conf file

LogFile /var/log/clamav/clamd.log
LogFileMaxSize 0
LogTime
LogSyslog