problems with upgrade from RH9 to FC2

James Mckenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 18 17:59:23 UTC 2004

Gary:

You might want to look for either *new or *orig in the /etc directory.  I know that I had to restore an existing configuration to get gnome to work correctly.

Also, after moving some of the library files (*.so) to a different directory than /usr/lib, I'm getting about the same errors as you are.  Check to see if you are getting an error on startup about rhgb not being able to find libatk-1.0.so.0.  That is the error I receive.  When gnome starts up, I get a series of errors stating that applets cannot be started.  I can run most programs, including mozilla.  I cannot run the rhn-applet which checks for possible upgrades to my system.  Oh, I did build the symbol link to the file that libatk-1.0.so.0 points to in /usr/lib.  That did not solve the problem.  It is possible that I inadvertantly deleted the file that is needed.  And I did add the new directory to ld.so.conf and ran ldconfig -f /etc/ld.so.conf.

James McKenzie