Gnome , lightweight tricks

fabiano fabiano.panther at infinito.it
Mon Oct 18 22:12:02 UTC 2004

Hi,
 I've installed FC2+gnome on this machine:

p3 700 sis630 176megs (effective) memory
800*600 16millions colors

I've already disabled useless services, and I have set the filemanager
to make only preview when  file's size less than 200Kbytes.
(less weight&work).
I'm quite impressed , it seems quite good .
I'm curious..>There Are other settings ,I can manage, to raise the speed
of gnome enviroment?
(e.g: disable same features,filters, I'm not able to find out something
useful in GNOME's control panel).

Do you know any other gnome's tricks?
Tricks to save memory and raise speed are very appreciated.
Thanks
 Fabiano