Squid

Nifty Hat Mitch mitch48 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Oct 18 21:26:21 UTC 2004

On Mon, Oct 18, 2004 at 09:48:13AM -0400, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 18, 2004 at 11:19:20AM +0200, David wrote:
> > Hi there,
> > how do i block specific words in a URL??
> > eg mail, sex etc...
>
> That's probably a bad idea. Look at <http://www.expertsexchange.com/>, for
> example. (It's not what you might think it is!)

See the squid home page for hints.

    http://www.squid-cache.org
    http://www.squid-cache.org/related-software.html

There are pointers on the related software page to a couple tools.
This one look interesting....

    http://dansguardian.org/

As indicated silly filters can generate silly results.  Given the vast
piles of offensive even to me junk out there it makes sense to look
into this for a lot of reasons.

--
	T o m  M i t c h e l l
	May your cup runneth over with goodness and mercy