Porblems creating RW discs in K3B

Andrew Konosky TerranAce007 at comcast.net
Mon Oct 18 22:16:31 UTC 2004

I recently upgraded from a 24/10/40 Plextor CD-RW to an Optorite 12x
DVD+/-RW, and I have also upgraded to newer versions of K3B as well. I
don't know if this is a change in K3B or a difference in the burners,
but here it goes:

With my old burner I was able to create mutlisession CD-RW's and add
data to them without having to ersase them & start over every time. Now,
when I try to burn either a DVD+RW or a CD-RW, I am unable to add files
to the disc after I burn it the first time. I have been trying to add
files to a CD-RW for half an hour now, and I can't get it to work. The
disc had some files on it, and I imported the previous session, added
the new files, and then made sure "continue multisession" was checked
before I started burning. I kept getting errors saying the disc was not
writeable, so I thought maybe I had forgot to enable mutlisession when I
burned the first session. I did a complete erase of the disc, added all
the files in a new project, and selected "start multisession." When the
disc was finished burning, K3B reported a success, but KDE was unable to
read the disc due to a bad superblock, so the burn didn't work. I tried
a few more times, manually setting speed and TAO mode, but it doesn't work.

I just burnt the CD in "no multisession" and K3B reads it fine, but now
I am unable to add files to it later. The same happens with DVD+RW. I
know I have room on my backup DVDs to add files, but I can't get it to
do what I want.

What are the correct settings for making multisession CD-RWs and DVD+RWs
in K3B? I hope that I am just doing something stupid and that my burner
isnt defective.