OT but pretty cool - $750 off Inspirons today only

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at mindspring.com
Tue Oct 19 20:36:15 UTC 2004

On Tue, 19 Oct 2004, Matthew Miller wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 19, 2004 at 02:42:51PM -0500, Thomas Cameron wrote:
> > I got this from a buddy who works inside Dell:
> > Thatÿÿs right, this Tuesday, October 19th at 7am CST, all Home and Home
> > office Inspirons over $1499 will be discounted $750!
> [snip]
> > There really hasnÿÿt been a better time to upgrade your home computer
> > until now.
>
> Okay, now I *will* be the Thought Police. This is pretty much just
> spam, no matter how good of a deal it may appear. Please, there's
> plenty of web sites and lists for deal-hunters -- setting the
> precident for this to be okay on this list is bad.

ironically, being one that constantly whines about bad subjects, HTML,
top posting and the like, i saw nothing wrong with the heads up.  ok,
maybe a couple nitpicks.

first, it would have been nice to get more notice. :-)  but, more
importantly, i just checked out www.dell.com and i see no such deal.
perhaps a URL to help out.  that kind of deal really is worth knowing
about, but only if it's legit.

rday