free space advice.

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Tue Oct 19 22:08:14 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-10-19 at 22:25 +0100, Colin J Thomson wrote:
> I am right in assuming that the rescue CD, is the FC2 #1 disk and use "linux
> rescue" from the prompt.

Yes, that's one option. There is another ISO labeled "rescuecd" which
will do essentially the same thing; the reason it's separate is
primarily to make it smaller, I think. You can use either one.

> So... I thought I would try the above method for starters, however after
> moving /dev/sda3 with no trouble, when I try to resize /dev/sda2 I get this
> Error: "Filesystem has incompatible feature enabled"

Arrrgh... I just ran into this one recently, figured out the solution
(it wasn't hard), and now I've forgotten it. <thumps head on desk>

Start with Google and the list archives at MARC (marc.theaimsgroup.com)
while I see if I can pull this out of the back of my cobwebs.

Cheers,

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz <rpaiz at simpaticus.com>