I've had enough

Filippos Klironomos PresarioD at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 12:58:48 UTC 2004

> I joined this list to try to get some help with fedora, after my initial post, I got 2 nasty flames right away about the way that I posted, I got very little help from anyone with the exception of one person.  I got several other flames later because people didn't like the way I asked my question.

What are you talking about? I found two threads on your topic that
tried to help you. Can you please be more specific? Who flamed you?

> Now you people have degenerated to rudeness and meanness toward each other.  I give up.

Unfortunately this happens and it is part of any public list that
doesn't have a Thought Police or any Police for that matter. It relies
on people to check themselves first before preaching for change to
others. This is not a perfect world but frankly I like more the places
that no Police is around. :-)

> I'm leaving, and I suspect that if this keeps up too much longer this list will become just another internet chat room and will be no more help then the fedora chatroom where I was just completely ignored when I tried to get help.

I am sorry to hear that. If you had stick around longer you would have
gotten (probably) the help you needed.

> If these attitudes are indicative of the Fedora community at large, you may as well tell the programmers to hang it up, because the project is gonna fold anyway.

No they are not. For all sort of different reasons and as being an
open community these 'attitudes' will always be with us though, as
some people always think they have the best intentions while doing
whatever they want to do. This is not indicative of the ever
increasing Fedora community though.

> Please don't bother flaming my address, all flames will be ignored

I hope at least you don't get that. But I think it would benefit the
list if you spell out who flamed you and for what reason. I didn't
find anything looking the archive under your name. All the threads end
in good spirit.

Best
Filippos