FC2-i386-disc1.iso

James Kosin jkosin at beta.intcomgrp.com
Wed Oct 20 16:10:25 UTC 2004

Jeffrey Belback wrote:

>Has anyone else had a problem w/
>http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/2/i386/iso/FC2-i386-
>disc1.iso? I'm trying to do my first even install of Linux, and my computer
>will not boot from the CD I made from this image. I can view the contents of
>the disk from the WinXP computer I made it on, but it crashes Windows
>Explorer on other computers. I AM able to boot from the disk created from
>FC2-i386-rescuecd.iso w/ no problem and view the contents of disks 2-4 as
>well as the rescue disk...
>
>Thanks,
>Jeffrey Belback
>jbelback at verizon.net

Ok,

1)  Did you check the MD5SUM against the ones listed for the ISO images?
2)  What speed did you burn the CD-R?  I usually like using the slowest
speed possible.  It makes it compatible with any CDROM drive.
3)  Be sure you read up on the Partition BUG for installing FC2 and
above.  It will effect Windows 2000 and XP and almost all other OS's
that rely on the information.  There is an easy fix if it happens to
you; but, It will be good experience to read up on this problem beforehand.

James Kosin