Apt Repositories: Bleeding Means Bleeding!

Colin J Thomson colin at g6avk.demon.co.uk
Wed Oct 20 18:12:32 UTC 2004

On Wednesday 20 Oct 2004 18:15, Philippe wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-10-20 at 23:31, Temlakos wrote:
> > Everyone:
> >
> > Be careful what repositories you subscribe to! Recently I "upgraded"
> > glib2 and gtk2 from a repo in the UK,

No problem here with "zeniiia.linux.org.uk" Mirror

> As glib2 and gtk2 updates just appeared in my update-icon turning red,
> it could be useful to know if those updates are unstable ...

> I will wait for a while but I believe this it is maybe not related to an
> X problem.
> Temlakos, did you really only updates those 2 modules before getting
> problem ?
> Anyone else has trouble with those updates ... before I update my system

As mentioned,  I updated this Box a day ago from my *local* (UK) Mirror with
no problems at all, infact those two updates (glib2,gtk2) would not affect
X, I guess your problem was something else.

Colin
--
Fedora Core 2, Custom Built Kernel 2.6.8.1
KDE-Redhat-3.3.1-0.2.2.kde