run levels (priority) and chkconfig --add

Kevin J. Cummings cummings at kjchome.homeip.net
Wed Oct 20 23:34:56 UTC 2004

Paul Howarth wrote:

> It shouldn't be there when the milter is dead, but it should be there
> when it's just started, before sendmail is started.
>
> Could be an "unsafe socket" problem; make sure that none of the
> directories / /var /var/spf-milter are world-writable.

Nope, 0755, 0755, 0700

>>At the time I downloaded it, I was just looking for an RPM of
>>spf-milter, and that's the one I found....  I was looking to upgrade to
>>a more up-to-date SPF implementation than I had been running.
>>
>>What is the name of Jef Poskanzer's milter, and where might I find it,
>>and is there an RPM for it?
>

> Jef's milter is called (surprise) spfmilter, and its home page is:
> http://www.acme.com/software/spfmilter/
>
> I have RPMs for it at:
> http://www.city-fan.org/ftp/contrib/mail/
>
> You'll also need libspf2, available at:
> http://www.city-fan.org/ftp/contrib/libraries/
>
> There is also a libspf-based RPM of a slightly older version (0.92) of
> the milter, libspf-milter (requires libspf), also available at:
> http://www.city-fan.org/ftp/contrib/libraries/

And I can use these as a direct replacement for the perl script milter?
Or, alternately, they will configure themselves upon installation?
I persued your download sight (and downloaded a few RPMs), but there are
no post-installation instructions given on your download site about what
to do after they are downloaded and the RPMs are installed....

I mostly worried about how they will plug/play with sendmail and my
sendmail.cf and sendmail.mc files....and about how to remove the old
spf-milter support.

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome at rcn.com