A welcoming email

Carroll Grigsby cgrigs at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 21 00:45:53 UTC 2004

On Wednesday 20 October 2004 09:45 am, Stefano L. Sordini wrote:
> Hello, my name is Stefano Sordini and am new to this mailing list. I
> want to ask if this mailing list is safe from viruses etc.. Hope admins
> have installed a quite strong firewall and filters :)
>
> Thanks,
>

> --
> Stefano L. Sordini
> University Of Athens
> Computer Science Dept
> http://www.netshop-isp.com

Stenano:
Well, assuming that you're still subscribed, you've seen the worst of it. Once
in a while a thread does get forked or a flame war starts. Sorry that it
happened in your case; it is not normal behavior here. Nor are malware and
spam a problem (well, not until yesterday.)

We do observe the basic rules of netiquette here. Don't top-post, don't use
HTML, don't hijack threads, keep it brief, and _always_ do some research
before asking a question. You probably are well aware of those rules. In any
event, netiquette (as interpreted here) -- and much more -- is covered in a
weekly newsletter published by Lisa (The Average Jane); it's subject line is
"README: Current Fedora Core 1 Problems & Solutions/Helpful Links". The most
recent issue can be read here:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=fedora-list&m=109754144607868&w=2
She also posts the same information here:
http://www.peepingdarklord.com/fedoralist/

-- cmg