Fedora Core 2 update problems

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Thu Oct 21 07:18:49 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-10-21 at 06:23, James McKenzie wrote:
> In which order did you install them?  I upgraded libgnome first and then
> Mozilla as my LAST upgrade.   I  did this because I had moved Mozilla
> from /usr/bin to /opt/bin.  The reason is the same as the reason I want
> to move /usr/lib to /opt/lib, lack of space in the /usr partition.

The way I've worked around a lack of space in /usr before (I now make it
a 5GB LVM partition on any new installs so I don't need to worry about
it and can make it bigger if needed later) was to move a "big" directory
like /usr/share to another partition (e.g. /opt/usr-share) and then add
a symlink back in:

/usr/share -> /opt/usr-share

That way, /usr gets more space but everything that needs to look for
files in /usr/share can still find them there.

Paul.
--
A. Because people read from top to bottom.
Q. Why is top posting bad?