Mic-in not working on nForce2 IGP

Rasmus Back rasmus.back at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 11:12:39 UTC 2004

Hi

I'm trying to get skype to work on FC2. I have a headset which I've
connected to the headphone and mic-in ports on my motherboard
(A7N8X-VM/400, nForce 2 IGP). When making a call I can hear the
receiver, but the receiver can't hear me. I suspect that the mic-in
port is misconfigured, the driver (i810) may think it's the rear
speakers port or somesuch, but I don't know where to test this. I've
played around with the mic slider in gnomes' alsa mixer, but no
change.

Is anyone using a microphone with an nForce2 board and the i810
driver? What settings should I try to change?

Thanks,
Rasmus