Question: Installing FC 2 (3) from chroot

Damir Dezeljin programing at mbss.org
Thu Oct 21 17:11:10 UTC 2004

Hi.

I have a running Debian server. Now I would like to switch it to Fedora
Linux 3 (or 2) - end users want this :).

As I'm 1000 miles from that server, I would like to install fedora trough
SSH. I had the idea of defining a new partition, mount the first CD
iso image trough loop device, chroot into the new defined partition and
start the installation from there. Is it possible? If not ... is there any
other similar way to do it (BTW: if posible I would like CLI not GUI {X
Windows - slow connection :) } )?

What about user space linux?

Best regards,
Dezo