Fedora and SCSI

Mike Burger mburger at bubbanfriends.org
Thu Oct 21 17:38:41 UTC 2004

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004, Sohail Riaz wrote:

> Hi Friends
>
> I'm goint to install Fedora 2 on my HP Xeon server. It has a quantum
> Atlas 10K 3.5 Series 901 U160RM SCSI drive, which is the main problem
> that Fedora 2 is not detecting it and promt me for driver disk. I dont
> have a driver. Please help me that i can detect SCSI in Fedora 2.

Is it asking for a driver for your SCSI *drive* or your SCSI *interface*?

To my knowledge, it won't give a plotz about the drive, itself, as long as
it can talk to the interface/card.  What kind of SCSI
card/interface/chipset does this box have?

--
Mike Burger
http://www.bubbanfriends.org

Visit the Dog Pound II BBS

To be notified of updates to the web site, visit