Repacing a driver

Robert Locke rlocke at ralii.com
Thu Oct 21 18:31:52 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-10-21 at 11:37, Alexander Dalloz wrote:
> Am Do, den 21.10.2004 schrieb Ian Clough um 14:09:
>
> > Where should I start up the new driver and capi. The hisax driver was
> > started by the isdn service - I think.
> > The isdn service reads the file isdncard. Do I try to adapt that service or
> > put the new  commands in rc.local
> > I am just trying to work out the 'proper' way to do this.
> >
> > Ian
>
> Use an init script. Following is the one I am using:
>
> $ cat /etc/rc.d/init.d/capi
>
> #!/bin/sh
> #
> # capi            Mit diesem Skript kann die AVM-CAPI fuer passive ISDN
> #                 Karten gestartet und gestoppt werden.
> #
> # chkconfig: 2345 32 99
> # fuer passive ISDN-Karten wie die Fritz!Card Classic
> # probe: true
>
> # Source function library.
> . /etc/rc.d/init.d/functions
>
> [ -f /sbin/capiinit ] || exit 0
>
> [ -f /etc/capi.conf ] || exit 0
>
> RETVAL=0
>
> # Starten oder stoppen?
> case "$1" in
>   start)
> # Start
>         echo -n "Starting capi4linux: "
>         /sbin/capiinit start
>         /sbin/modprobe capidrv
>         RETVAL=$?
>         echo

Should we add a touch /var/lock/subsys/capi

>         ;;
>   stop)
>         # Stop.
>         echo -n "Shutting down capi4linux: "
>         /sbin/capiinit stop
>         RETVAL=$?
>         echo

Should we add a rm /var/lock/subsys/capi

>         ;;
>   status)
>         capiinfo
>         exit $?
>         ;;
>   restart)
>         $0 stop
>         $0 start
>         ;;
>   *)
>         echo "Usage: capi {start|stop|status|restart}"
>         exit 1
> esac
>
> exit $RETVAL
>
> --- script ended above
>
> You need to activate the init script running "chkconfig capi on".
> Whether you need the loading of the "capidrv" module depends on what you
> want to do with CAPI. If for instance you want to log ISDN traffic like
> phone calls using isdnlog, you need that module as the interface between
> CAPI and the isdnlog binary.
>
> Alexander

I am just thinking about how the /etc/rc.d/rc script determines whether
to run the K script is based on the existence of the
/var/lock/subsys/$subsys file....  Or perhaps the capiinit command does
this?  Without it, we may not properly shut down the service as the
system comes down?

--Rob