[OT a little] Web page deconstruction

Brian Fahrlander brian at fahrlander.net
Fri Oct 22 00:26:23 UTC 2004

    No politics, no nettiquitte- but a little off topic. I can't seem to
find a resource around here. :(

    There's this web page:

http://stockcharts.com/def/servlet/SC.scan?s=TVD[T.T_EQ_S]![AS0,20,TV_GT_40000]![TH0_GT_AM1,260,TH]

    It contains a table with information on stocks and I'd like to take
it, massage it, and eventually put it into a MySQL table elsewhere.

    I have a feeling that there's probably a Perl module that extracts
it and from there it's just a matter of working out a file format and
'slinging' it over to the web server.

    Anyone got an idea for how to extract this data? (Without all the
error-prone cut-n-paste, etc?)

Brian Fahrländer                  Christian, Conservative, and Technomad
Evansville, IN                                 http://www.fahrlander.net
ICQ 5119262
AIM: WheelDweller