Yum update for FC2

Dave Close dave at compata.com
Fri Oct 22 01:12:36 UTC 2004

Michael Schwendt wrote:
>To the best of my knowledge, neither swig-1.3.21-2 nor
>subversion*1.0.3-1 are packages from Fedora Core 2. There have been
>subversion updates to 1.0.2, 1.0.4 (two times), 1.0.6 and 1.0.8
>(latest). And swig in FC2 is swig-1.3.19-6.1.i386.rpm and has not been
>updated. I assume something might be wrong in your /etc/yum.conf, and
>the configured set of repositories provide a newer swig which breaks
>the dependency. So, what's in your /etc/yum.conf?

Omitting the comments, here 'tis.

 # cat /etc/yum.conf
 [main]
 cachedir=/var/cache/yum
 debuglevel=2
 logfile=/var/log/yum.log
 pkgpolicy=newest
 distroverpkg=redhat-release
 tolerant=1
 exactarch=1
 retries=20

 [base]
 name=Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Base
 baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/$releasever/$basearch/os/

 [updates-released]
 name=Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Released Updates
 baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/updates/$releasever/$basearch/

I think this is unchanged except for the log file. Unfortunately, the
log doesn't go back to the beginning and doesn't show any subversion
or swig updates.

I had the same problem on a second machine at one time. But repeated
attempts eventually worked, and it now shows swig-1.3.19-6.1,
subversion-perl-1.0.8-1, subversion-1.0.8-1, and subversion-devel-1.0.8-1.
I don't know the origin of the swig-1.3.21-2.

How would you suggest fixing the problem machine? Can I downgrade swig?
--
       Dave Close, Compata, Costa Mesa CA       +1 714 434 7359
       dave at compata.com              dhclose at alumni.caltech.edu
"If determining good culture is left up to busybodies and politicians,
 we will be left with culture fit only for busybodies and politicians."
                                                   Jeff Taylor, Reason